Saturday, October 08, 2016

Little China


One of the most dangerous places in Manila -- China Town.




Woke up today excited because we are going to China town -- where I can buy the prettiest stuffs in a fraction of its price at the mall. I mean shopping is one of the things that makes us girls happy, or at least at some point. And I rarely shop. so yeah, this has gotten me excited.

So, we waited for my aunt & her sister to join us in the van. We dropped by Alabang to pick someone who lives near St. Benilde. It was my first time being in Alabang, I didn't think of visiting there because there's nothing really exciting in Alabang as I searched on it on google. Just the Ayala Town Center, I believe.




 As we became complete, we headed right away to Divisoria and shopped for some "pasalubong" for family and friends -- and maybe some for myself. lol

We left as soon as we were done buying stuffs or shall I say exhausted our funds for that day due to our shopping spree. So me and my mom went outside to explore more of china town. It has changed over the years. I remember my first time there, it was December and everyone was throwing firecrackers which scared the hell out of me because in Davao we don't have that anymore.




We explored their Mall and Binondo Church before deciding to proceed to the old churches that are near the place.

It was so hard taking pictures in Binondo. But I was lucky enough that my ninja moves worked. With the help of my mom, I was able to take a lot if picture while walking.










Pretty hard to get a touristy shot but I was able to get instagramable pictures, so yeah. It was all worth it. Spent a half of my day shopping at China Town and half a day walking -- getting to one historical church and another as our side trip.

When we arrived at Quiapo Church, I took some pictures when a police approached me & told me that it's not allowed to take pictures anymore unless there is a permit. And I believe some of the Cities in Metro Manila are like that now. 

Good thing I was able to get a shot in Quiapo before I was reprimanded. Hopefully I won't get any Jail time with this one.


So our trip today ended at a church that I forgot the name and had dinner at SM BF ParaƱaque since it was late already to eat at my aunts place. Travelling home took most of the time so we decided to eat out.

It was a tiring day due to long walks. But it was all worth it. I wished I spent all of my time in divisoria though -- which can result to becoming broke, Good thing I didn't.


The story was told as if it was written on that day and as if my mind is telling the story straight to you at the current moment. Sorry for that. I have always been fascinated of Novel-like writings that I made it like one - or so I think.

ps. more of my travel pictures here and on instagram (@carlaxnazario).