Sunday, July 31, 2016

Ghost Town




Today is June 8 and we are planning to go to Pampanga. Which is, according to my mom, is just an hour away. Well, it doesn't include the commute that we had from ParaƱaque to Pasay that took as more than an hour. But it was all worth it when we reached Clark.



Clark, Pampanga has a lot of Duty Free Stores more than any City in the Philippines (I guess). But mostly have already closed for some reasons.

Clark, as what my mom said, is somewhat an abandoned city. Same as the ones you see in movie. Wide empty highways with tall trees and old abandoned buildings in every block. Despite being labeled as "abandoned", Clark is nowhere near creepy. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful cities that I have ever seen. It's a city with full of trees and less noise.



It was surreal being here. It's like i'm in a foreign country. Well, the vibe is.
It is nothing like the cities I have been to. And I will definitely come back here more often, not for the chocolates but for the peaceful feeling that it gives me.










The story was told as if it was written on that day and as if my mind is telling the story straight to you at the current moment. Sorry for that. I have always been fascinated of Novel-like writings that I made it like one - or so I think.

ps. more of my travel pictures here and on instagram (@carlaxnazario).