Tuesday, June 07, 2016

The Arrival





All I need was a plane ride to make me feel alive again.
~ Carla N.


It is the 7th of June and we finally arrived in Manila. I have been here several times, it's like my second home. I never thought i'd say this but every time I go here, I am starting to like it despite of the high crime rate and traffic which I am used to.



I looked out of the window and started reminiscing about the last time that I was here. And how different this trip can be. Since, I am here to celebrate my birthday. And it is my first time to commemorate it here.


We finally reached our destination and planned to have lunch at this place called "Little Quiapo". They serve delectable Filipino Cuisine at a reasonable price. According to my Aunt they have two different branches and obviously one can be found here in BF Homes, Parañaque. Mind you, it is my first time here in Parañaque. I moved around a lot in my previous trips. But, I haven't stayed in Parañaque.



Lunch is served. And I would say that the food is great but I am not gonna eat much since I don't really have the appetite. Excitement really gets the best of me.

So we have parted ways with our host and we will be heading to the Church that my Mom always visits when she's in Manila. It is one of the famous and oldest Churches in town, The Baclaran Church. Outside the premises, it is known for pick-pocketing and other such crimes similar to having your valuables stolen in the area everyday. So me and mom are being vigilant right now. We wouldn't know if someone will try to follow us after we leave the Church.





Outside Baclaran, you will see a lot of street vendors selling different kinds of stuffs. From Rosaries to Clothes. They sell absolutely anything. So we went to look around and bought some nice stuffs along the way.

I have been to Baclaran a lot of times. But the visit this time was much longer.




We stopped browsing when we noticed that it was getting dark and decided that it was time to go home. But before going home to my Aunt's place, we decided to stop by SM BF Parañaque for dinner.



The SM here is actually the similar with what we have in Davao - or at least this branch. But one of the things that caught our attention was this cute restaurant that has the same name with one of my favorite restaurant - Manna Davao. But they are totally not alike and this one is way too chic.



So looking at my plate, I know i'm gonna overeat but who cares. I'm on vacation. Lol.


XO, Carla

The story was told as if it was written on that day and as if my mind is telling the story straight to you at the current moment. Sorry for that. I have always been fascinated of Novel-like writings that I made it like one - or so I think.